List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE2: Could not create view for text/html. Check your installation
From:       "Martin Welch" <mwelch () totalise ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-12-20 10:46:05

Mathias,

> But let me scry: I've got the same error after I build konqi with ssl
support,
> but forget to include the libssl.so into the search path for the ld.so

Good guess but that wasn't it. :o) I didn't change or add anything in fact.
I tend to build KDE from CVS every 5 days or so. One day konqueror worked
and then it didn't -- same configure script etc.

> you should give us some more informations, I think konqi gives you much
more
> output.

Well, all I got was a dialog box. Where do I look for more information?

I tried running konqueror from a konsole which yielded different
results.This time I got this dialog box:

"There appears to be a misconfiguration. You have associated konqueror with
text\html, but it can't handle this file type."

In the konsole window I get:

"KDE detected X error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8"

Any ideas?

MArtin

> > This error now appears no matter how I invoke konqueror. This started
when I
> > last built from CVS about two weeks ago. I usually do the following to
> > remove a
> > previous build of kde. Can anyone help?
>
> you should give us some more informations, I think konqi gives you much
more
> output.
>
> But let me scry: I've got the same error after I build konqi with ssl
support,
> but forget to include the libssl.so into the search path for the ld.so
>
> Mathias

unsubscribe <<