List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: compiling embedded konqueror
From:       "vinny" <vinny () mailandnews ! com>
Date:       2000-12-16 7:36:48

> About the cross-compiling.... I don't have any experience here... Perhaps
> Michael Matz (autoconf guru) can help here? Is it sufficient to do
> ./configure --target=arm-linux-gnu ?

    That is what I usually do. I have Microwindows compiled that way,
GCC,BINUTILS,LIBC were cross compiled, ofcourse the README files usually say
how to cross compile gcc properly.

> Can you run the Qt/Embedded examples on your arm-linux?

    I havent tested it yet. I had a hell of time getting it to cross compile
successfully. I finally managed to do it yesterday after giving QT Embedded
static libjpeg.a and compiled the examples also. Havent shoved em inside my
assabet board. I can only confirm whether they work or not on monday.

    But sure would love to send some pics of konqueror running on the SA1110
Strong Arm Board asap.

greetings

vinny