List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Qt's tr() and KDE's i18n()
From:       Andre Charbonneau <gexcfxyy () umail ! corel ! com>
Date:       2000-12-14 16:40:02

Hi

In my KDE application I would like to use KDE's i18n() function for
translation.  Since I'm using Qt Designer to create my GUI, I tell the uic
compiler to use i18n() instead of tr(), so that all the code in my
application uses KDE's i18n() function for translation.  (This is to avoid
having to deal with 2 types of message files for translation.)  The problem
is that my application will not compile since Qt's uic compiler does not
know what file to include for the declaration of KDE's i18n() function.
Can anyone help me on this one?

Thanks,
--
Andre Charbonneau
GNU Linux software developer - Globalization