List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: paint program
From:       Shawn Gordon <shawn () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2000-12-14 15:45:18

At 06:56 AM 12/14/2000, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I'm thinking about making az Autodesk Animator clone.
>The AA is my favourite paint program (for 256 color images)
>Under linux I haven't found anything comparable with it.
>If you are interested, please tell me your ideas.
>
>Thanks,
>Szasz Pal

I was using the version even before AA that was written for the Atari, it
was a real good 2D cell animation and draw program.  I would think that you
could use Krayon as your base since it has all the drawing ability, and
then you would need to add frames and tweening capability to most of the
tools.  So you could snip a picture from one frame, paste it into another,
add various distortions to it and have it automatically tween the changes.

I think this would be a really cool project.  If I were you, I would search
around to see if there is anything already available that has some of the
animation features implemented and then talk to John Califf about working
them into Krayon.  Maybe you don't want to use Krayon, but the more pieces
that you can make use of, the faster/easier your work will go.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President