List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Kicker's background pixmap handling broken
From:       Malte.Starostik () t-online ! de (Malte Starostik)
Date:       2000-12-11 18:17:54

Hi,

I configured kicker to use rail.png as background pixmap.
I guess I can best describe it with a series of screenies
After startupthat causes
ugly vertical lines
between the tiles: http://userpages.fu-berlin.de/~starosti/kicker1.png
When I then run dcop kicker default configure, the background becomes sane:
http://userpages.fu-berlin.de/~starosti/kicker2.png
Now, I add RotateBackground=true to kickerrc and restart it:
http://userpages.fu-berlin.de/~starosti/kicker3.png
and again, force it to reconfigure:
http://userpages.fu-berlin.de/~starosti/kicker4.png
Now, I drag it to be vertical:
http://userpages.fu-berlin.de/~starosti/kicker5.png
After a reconfigure, it's fine again
But again, when I put it back to horizontal:
http://userpages.fu-berlin.de/~starosti/kicker6.png
Reconfigure cures it again.

To summarize:
* At startup, the tiles are seperated by visible trails
* With the undocumented, not GUI-configurable RotateBackground option,
   it fails to update the background brush when it's moved.

-Malte
PS: I don't expect RotateBackground to work correctly as it's not in the GUI
config, but still the lines on startup are not too nice, sorry I didn't find
a fix myself :(