List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Using XML to create dialogs
From:       "Benjamin Ellis" <bmellis () uark ! edu>
Date:       2000-12-07 22:19:09

On Thursday 07 December 2000 05:40 am, Emmeran Seehuber wrote:
> On Thursday 07 December 2000 06:05, Benjamin Ellis wrote:
> > Hey, I'm wanting to use XML to make "pluggins" for an application
> > engine... What the XML file would have is the different dialogs required
> > for this plugin, the contents of each dialog, and other stuff, like
> > defaults...  Is there some sort of framework in existence in KDE/Qt to
> > help me do this? The dialogs could be compiled in or loaded dynamically
> > (preferred) and so the XML would handle all dialogs and set up
> > slots/signals etc....
>
> Did you take a look at the Qt Designer? It saves the dialogs as XML files
> and contains also a tool which generates C++ sources out of it.
>
> I did some routines which parses the XML file and creates a dialog of it.
> But this routines only support a small subset of controls. Maybe you are
> interessted in this routines.
>
> cu,
>   Emmy

Yeah, Qt Designer is not what i'm looking for.. The idea is the same, but I
need to make my program generate this (simple) dialogs at runtime.  The
purpose is so that you can make XML pluggin addons to the program and the
program will know how to handle the dialogs for the addons and won't require
a recompile.

I would be interested in seeing the routines you have, it sounds like what
i'm trying to do.

- Ben