List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ssh-scp-ioslave
From:       Paul Campbell <paul () verifarm ! com>
Date:       2000-12-07 8:07:01

On Thursday 07 December 2000 01:51 pm, Marcos Dione wrote:

> 	basically, I think there are two possible approachs: one is to
> learn the ssh/scp protocol, implement something like it and use it
> internally. (uh... anyone knows if this is true: ssh is a simple protocol
> built upon ssl?)

no it's not ssl - it's a packet based thing sent over a TCP stream - there
are two different protocols SSH1 and SSH2 - most people use SSH1 for which
there are 2 code bases - the original which is not GPL and the openssh
project's which is - it would be possible to do an scp-protocol based ioslave
- internally the differences between scp and ssh are pretty trivial

scp itself is a pretty simple program that fork/execs ssh's to do all the
hard work - rather than getting into the protocol level you might look at the
scp source in the openssh distro and see if you can crib that

	Paul