List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Changes to KLibLoader gives warnings?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-12-07 10:54:23

On Wednesday 06 December 2000 22:44, Shaheed Haque wrote:
> Something seems to have changed in KLibLoader so that invoking a filter
> prints warnings like this for me:
>
> koffice (lib kofficecore): KoFilterEntry::query( 'image/x-msod' in Import)
> koffice (lib kofficecore): Query returned 1 offers
> koffice (lib kofficecore): KoFilterEntry::query(
> 'application/x-killustrator' in Export and
> 'image/x-msod' in Import)
> koffice (lib kofficecore): Query returned 1 offers
> kdecore (KLibLoader): library libmsodimport.la not found under 'module' but
> under 'lib'
>
> Should I be worried?

No, but the warnings is there to tell you that it would be cleaner if the
libblahpart libraries were installed with
kde_module_LTLIBRARIES
instead of
lib_LTLIBRARIES

The result is that the part will be installed under $KDEDIR/lib/kde2
instead of $KDEDIR/lib/. Do this only if the part is ALWAYS dlopened,
that is, no application directly links to it.

Note that doing this change requires current kdelibs, that's why I didn't
change all the modules in CVS, in case some developers were updating
'their' module but not kdelibs.

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/