List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Are file/folder context menus extendable?
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-12-06 10:19:27

On Tuesday 05 December 2000 15:30, wenning@ycom.at wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 December 2000 14:43, David Faure
> wrote:
> [....]
> > What kind of items do you want to add ?
>
> I'm one of the devlopers of kreateCD, and I'd
> like to add kreatecd to the RMB
> menu of directories. If create CD is not running
> I want one menu, wich starts
> kreatecd+creates a new project  + adds the
> directory. If create CD is already
> running, I'd like to have submenu with two
> create new project

Ok, then it's definitely the "service menu" feature that you want to use.
It's perfect for adding application-specific features, and works well with
dynamic updating like you want to do, because the desktop files are read
at the very moment the popup is executed (it's not cached in ksycoca).

It's all described in kdebase/libkonq/SERVICEMENUS. Can you have a
look there, and come back to me if you have any questions ?

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/