List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: For some encodings QTextCodec inserts a \0 at the end
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2000-12-04 18:45:07

On Monday,  4. December 2000 18:24, David Faure wrote:

> Nope. This patch breaks KURL (when set to unicode).
>
> Try KURL("http://www.yell.co.uk/yell/ff/br151086.htm",
> QFont::Unicode).url(), you get "http://www.yell.co.u/yell/ff/br151086.htm"
>
> The "k" at the end of the domainname has been removed.....
>
> I have removed the patch from my local Qt now :)

I just tested the patch Lars sent me myself, I didn't do that before :-)

There are really also some other problems with it. Sometimes the QCString is
not null terminated at all and therefore some garbage is added at the end.

It would be nice, if that would be fixed correctely in QT.

Regards,
Michael Häckel