List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Static
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-12-04 8:46:59

On Monday 04 December 2000 08:37, Knotek Vlastimil wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can I link my program to have kde libraries static ?
> ( I want to link kde libraries with my program, so when I want to run it,
> libs doesn't need to be installed. )
> Thanks.

You have to compile kdelibs with --enable-static (after removing
all the .la files, IIRC), so that it creates and installs ".a" files.

Then compile your program with "make static".

Note that the program may have trouble using KIO then
(e.g. in the file dialog) - unless Stephan added support for that, I seem
to remember vaguely. You'll have to check (on a computer that
doesn't have the kde libraries and kioslaves installed).

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/