List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Help please: KDE 2.0 wants dcopserver, Help please
From:       "Charles R. Hurley" <crh () panix ! com>
Date:       2000-12-03 16:31:53

Hi,

Upon logging in as a user KDE 2.0 crashes and asks if decopserver is
running.  The error message I receive is the following:

"There was some error setting up inter-prccess communications for
KDE.  The message returned by the system was:

could not read network connection list.

Please check that the "dcopserver" program is running!"

Above is the message I received from KDE.  KDE then send me back to the
login in screen.  Can someone please tell me what the above means?  And
what must I do to correct this error.  Additional note: I am able to login
in as root and as other users.

Please help.

Thank you
Charles