List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 2.0.1 is fixed?
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-12-03 14:02:37

> Hi,
>

> > The packagers get normal tarballs, I presume you want fully-fledged RPM's, for that
> > you will have to wait until the packagers are done creating them.
>
> No, some of the guys here will make the RPM's. That why I need the tarballs.
>

> > If not, you can get the version by doing a checkout of cvs with the tag: KDE_2_0_1_RELEASE
>
> I need it without the CVS stuff (e.g. Make -f Makefile.cvs) - I thought that
> this will be removed in the tarball packages...

I don't think they are removed for the packagers, the tarbals are simply a
checkout of CVS AFAICK, without the CVS dirs.

On the releasing thing, all the packagers release the new buld at the same time,
this includes source pacakages and naturally the packages you plan to provide
are suppossed to be released to the PUBLIC at the same time.

Just confince David (faure@kde.org) that you need the tarballs or simply get the
CVS.

btw. the main update of the new release are the translations. Be sure to get those
updated as well ;)