List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Software Development from Russia! ($15-$20 per hour)
From:       Peter Putzer <pputzer () edu ! uni-klu ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-11-30 16:54:40

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Thomas Leitner wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Alessandro Praduroux wrote:
>
> > For direct experience (I worked for a bank no more than a year ago) a
> > medium-high level manager in a bank can easily raise $10000 after tax here,
> > with responsibility of about 100 people in the IT sector. The very high
> > bosses can raise up to $50000, plus a lot of benefits, but we aren't talking
> > about programmers here ;).
> >
> > This was a multinational bank but with a small presence in Italy.
>
> Banks are another world of course !! :-)

Ah, not only banks, managers of large companies get quite a lot of money
("even" in Austria *g*), they just talk about it as much as they might in
other countries.

And, when comparing to the US for example, you've got to take higher
social security into account. European countries in general have got a
very high tax rate in comparison to the US, but a lot more things are paid
for by the state.

regards,
Peter