List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Software Development from Russia! ($15-$20 per hour)
From:       Alessandro Praduroux <pradu () thekompany ! com>
Date:       2000-11-30 14:59:59

On Thursday 30 November 2000 15:54, Thomas Leitner wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> > But, programmers are rather well paid.
> > And, as manager, you can have $5000 to $7000 per month. Oops!
> > Was meeting with one Austrian company couple of weeks ago.
> > They told me that to get similar money in Austria you have to be General
> > Manager of a company with 8000 to 10 000 employes...
> > (but finally they agreed that manager costs how much company is ready to
> > pay for it)
> > Here you can get it, working in 20+ or 100+ people company... In IT /
> > Telecom industry, of course, not as doctor or teacher.
> >
> > Is somebody from Austria on list here? Can you proove that things are so
> > bad in Austria? Or, it is because of weak Euro?
>
> This is way off-topic but: US$5000 - US$7000 per month (depends of course
> if its before or after taxes which can make quite a difference for each
> country) is an awful lot of money in the whole EU and not only in Austria.
>
> If this is the salary after tax, a manager of a huge company will
> get more for sure. This stuff is negotiable of course and cannot be
> generally said.
>
> Just one thing: In the IT sector currently you can get about US$3000-4000
> before tax as a mid-range manager. I don't think that this is much
> different in other EU countries. All this depends of course how good you
> are in exaggerating your skills :-)). With this amount, you can have
> a very comfortable living here. It's also enough to feed a family and
> a cat :-))
>
> Tom

For direct experience (I worked for a bank no more than a year ago) a
medium-high level manager in a bank can easily raise $10000 after tax here,
with responsibility of about 100 people in the IT sector. The very high
bosses can raise up to $50000, plus a lot of benefits, but we aren't talking
about programmers here ;).

This was a multinational bank but with a small presence in Italy.

--
Pradu