List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Short URI filter pattern matching
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-11-23 11:27:09

On Wednesday 22 November 2000 18:45, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 November 2000 23:09, Yves Arrouye wrote:
> > Hi Dawit,
> >
> > Entries like:
> >
> > ^www=http://
> > ^ftp=ftp://
> >
> > in the pattern matching rules of the short URI filter prevent the use
> > Internet Keywords that start with these. Could we change the rules so
> > that they check that the whole thing matches a URI syntax (no space, no
> > non-ASCII chars, etc?) so that if there's a keyword like "FTP Explorer"
> > it will work?
>
> I think simply turning them into
> ^www\.
> ^ftp\.
> would be enough, no ?

Well that would then cause problems for entries like ftp-www.kde.org.  That is
why I left out the \.  However this is really a weird problem!!  If one simply types
a single `w` (s)he would also get the same result as well !!  But it does not happen
with `f` or the any other word like "why", "what", "where"...  QRegExp is suppsoed
to match a text that starts with "www" only ; so I do not know why it ends up
matching single characters like 'w' or the word "who" :(

Anyways, I have worked around this issue in code.  Ignoring spaces and requiring the
command to at least be in a pssoible valid short-uri format...  Let me know if it fixes the
problem.

Regards,
Dawit A.