List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Why we have created the KDE League
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2000-11-23 10:55:56

On Thursday 23 November 2000 11:36, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > Honestly, this "we do it just for fun" thing is one of the most die-hard
> > myth of free software. If you really don't care about how many people are
> > using your code, why releasing it at all ?
>
> Perhaps people using it is part of the fun?

Yes, certainly, but it's never *all* fun, is it ? I mean, do you really get a
kick out of maintaining the bugs database, for instance ? :-)

And if you think people using your code is fun, then you do care about them,
don't you ? :-)

What I mean is just that as soon as you're working for others, you're bound
to deal with some "less fun" stuff from time to time.

--
						Guillaume
						http://www.telegraph-road.org