List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Using the KHTML DOM Implementation
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-11-21 5:05:40

Hello all,

I am quite new to the use of DOM, and I have a couple of queries I hope
someone can help me with. I have looked through the W3C specs, mailing lists
archives and a few other places, but cannot seem to solve it.

What I would like to do initially is the following:

 - In my current program, I have got the KHTML widget within the window, and
I am writing text to it to test with write(). From my understanding write()
puts the argument through the DOM blender to keep the tree up to date.

 - What I would like to do is to display the contents of the DOM tree to
check that my current code can work ok. The root of the document in the DOM
seems to be the htmlDocument() method, and I can use methods such as
createElement(). Firstly, how do I set what the htmlDocument() is?

 - Finally, when I have inserted an element into the DOM tree, do I need to
update the tree and then update the view? If so, how?

Kind Regards,

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - [vmlinuz] - jono@kde.org