List:       kde-devel
Subject:    What's going on here ?
From:       Thomas Leitner <tom () radar ! tu-graz ! ac ! at>
Date:       2000-11-03 21:12:06

Fresh CVS checkout this evening:

csh> cd kdelibs
csh> gmake -f Makefile.cvs
csh> ./configure .... with my usual options.

Good - your configure finished. Start make now

csh> gmake
gmake: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
csh> ls Make*
Makefile.am   Makefile.cvs

I'm really fed up with this. I'm now trying to compile CVS checkouts since
about a week and always run into weird problems with the build system.

I think that you people should really concentrate on making it more stable
and adding useful features rather than messing with the build system and
keep us all from compiling it.

Tom
Dr. Tom Leitner                             Dept. of Communications
                                            Graz University of Technology,
e-mail    : tom@radar.tu-graz.ac.at         Inffeldgasse 12
Phone     : +43-316-873-7455                A-8010 Graz / Austria / Europe
Fax       : +43-316-463-697
Home page : http://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/people/tom.html
PGP public key on : ftp://wiis.tu-graz.ac.at/pgp-keys/tom.asc or send
mail with subject "get Thomas Leitner" to pgp-public-keys@keys.pgp.net