List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: resuming and KIO::Slave
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-11-01 5:48:21

On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 09:08:58PM +0100, Sergio Moretti wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to implement a HTTP and FTP transfer with resume capability. I
> look around in KIO::Slave trying to understand its structure, I found
> the classes Ftp and Http, but I feel that I haven't to use them
> directly, but throught the TransferJob class or something similar
> derived from SimpleJob. Now, the problem is that a resume operation
> isn't implemented there. Any hints?

KIO implements resuming for you, using .part files, so you don't
have to do anything. Look on developer.kde.org for a tutorial on
how to use kio (basically, look at job* but not at slave* !)

At the moment, resuming .parts files is only implemented for ftp->file,
though.

--
David FAURE
david@mandrakesoft.com, faure@kde.org