List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE 2 CVS menu layout
From:       "Jasper Spit" <j.spit () uptime ! nl>
Date:       2000-10-31 19:52:17

Hi,

I removed the KDE2 Final Mandrake RPM's and obtained KDE2 sources from
CVS yesterday. Compiled and installed fine, but my menu layout is completely
different compared to KDE 2 final now. I removed the .kde directories from
my
$HOME. It looks very much like the old 1.1.2 menu now, with the same 1.1.2
icons. What's wrong here, or did the KDE team just turn back to the old
style ?

Another problem I am having is this :

I run gkrellm on my desktop, which I start using kstart from my .xsession
file.
Gkrellm has an option to "return to last desktop position on startup". This
works
OK when I start KDE, but when KDE restores the session on startup, the
gkrellm
window moves to the left upper corner instead of staying in the right upper
corner.
Did not have this problem with 1.1.2. Commandline I am using is :

kstart gkrellm --alldesktops --skiptaskbar --type dock &

I've tried different parameters for --type, but to no avail.

Thanks for the help,

Jasper