On Saturday 28 October 2000 21:05, Stefan Arold wrote: > While booting kde2 it crashes my Acer notebook. The only way is to unplug > the system because there is no way to reboot neither Strg + D nor Str + Alt > Backspace shutdown the system. There are no information in the log files > about the problem. Maybe it is the Yamaha OPL3-SAx Soundchip which causes > the problem. The difficulties are always with ALSA and with OSS. The System > locks up when the interprocessing-management is starting. I have a similar problem on ACER Extensa 355 with OPL3-SAx Soundchip and ALSA-driver.Some applications work with sound (kmp3 from kde 1.1.2),others will freeze the machine (xmms).KDE 2.0 is trying to play the Startup-sound and will crash on this point.The problem is related to the driver and not to KDE 2.0 (IMHO). >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<