List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Opengl & KDE2
From:       Lev Povalahev <myforums () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-10-27 10:48:33

Am Donnerstag, 26. Oktober 2000 17:19 schrieb Harri Porten:
> Lev Povalahev wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have problems with KDE and opengl (qt opengl extension). When i compile
> > qt with opengl dcopserver segfaults. It looks like libGL (NVIDIA 0.95
> > driver) is trying to interact with the X server. With QT 2.2.0 i was able
> > to solve the problem by not including libGLU in the QT build (just using
> > the flags -lGL -lXmu (in qt/configs/linux-g++-shared)). For qt 2.2.1 it
> > doesnt work. Without opengl dcopserver runs OK and KDE compiles without
> > problems.
> >
> > Is there any solution for the problem? maybe some compiler flags?
>
> configure Qt with -no-opengl seems to be the best choice right now.
>
> Harri.

> >> unsubscribe <<

Addition:

Well this means no opengl support through QT for now. Anyone knows if one can
use KDE with glx directly (I doubt but who knows????). If yes where can i get
info on the subject?

Maybe it would be a good idea to exclude qt opengl lib from the main lib and
put in a separate file, like qt .1x? Or maybe any other suggestions? I really
really want opengl support for KDE :)

Greetings,
-Lev