List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: logout
From:       <boud2 () rempt ! xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-10-23 12:54:48

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Matthias Ettrich wrote:

> Sunday 22 October 2000 19:57 wrote Ferdinand Gassauer:
> > Hi!
> > IMHO the logout mechanism should/copuld be improved
> > 1.) Sometimes I have the impression, when multiple windows are open that
> > the logout stops. Have to click once more to realy log out.
>
> Haven't seen that. If logout "hangs" for some time, that's due to an
> application behaving badly. If you can reproduce your problem, try to
> identify the evil app.

There's one way to quite succesfully reproduce this: open an app from
konsole (say, netscape), and logout. If the logout process first tries
to stop konsole, it will fail, because konsole hangs waiting for netscape
to stop, and netscape doesn't get asked to be stopped because konsole
isn't stopped yet.