List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: i18n freeze ?
From:       Derek Fountain <fountai () hursley ! ibm ! com>
Date:       2000-10-19 14:41:47

> > > Starting with the KDE 2.1 release, KDE != (kdebase,. kdelibs, kdegames,
> > > kdeadmin...) but KDE = (kdelibs & kdebase).
> >
> > Does this imply a more GNOMEish idea of what KDE is? A set
> > of libraries and core utilties which offer a framework for
> > programmers of desktop applications?
> >
> > If so, is the nature of KDE after this change going be be
> > pushed at people in the same way the GNOME folks do?
> >
> Hmm? Did you use KDE in a while? kdegames, kdeutils and
> similiar have always been applications for the KDE desktop,
> but didn't made the KDE desktop theirselves (just like
> minesweeper is optional to a windows box, but a windows box
> without noone would use :)

So what is going to change as of KDE-2.1? The top quote in
this post (from Matthias Elter) seems to suggest that
kdegames, kdeadmin... are currently "part" of KDE, but as of
KDE-2.1 they won't be.

I've no problem with this. I just wondered how loudly this
change would be made. Are you saying it's already been made?

Unless, of course, I misunderstand. :-}