List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: uic being run in makefiles
From:       Matthias Kiefer <matthias.kiefer () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-10-11 12:46:57

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 12:09:16 +0200 (MEST) Matthias Kiefer
> <matthias.kiefer@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I apologise if this question has already been asked on kde-devel or
> > > another list, but can anyone give me some details on automating uic
> > > being run in my apps Makefiles. which files need to be edited?
> > Just add the ui-files to the sources of your application in
> Makefile.am.
>
> Add the *.ui sources? Or do you mean the generated sources. If you mean
> th generated sources it still doesn't automate the process or am I not
> seeing something here. ;-)
No, I mean add the *.ui files to the Makefile.am and the rest is done
automatically. If the designerfile is widget.ui, add widget.ui to
yourapp_SOURCES in Makefile.am and that's it.

> > But be aware, that if you are using kde widgets in the widgets made
> with
> > the designer, you will get a lot a reports, that your app don't
> compile,
> > from people, who don't have compiled QT with the -kde flag.
> >
> > So I think, it will be better to generate the widgets manually and
> then
> > add the generated files to your sources.
>
> This -kde flag is news to me. What does it do?
It adds support for KDE-Widgets to the designer. But when these ui-files
are
then compiled with uic without KDE support, compiling fails, because the
needed header files are not included in the generated C++ source.

kind regards,
   Matthias