List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Autostart folder not working
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2000-10-09 16:09:07

On Mon, 09 Oct 2000, Paritosh Patel/West Palm Beach/IBM wrote :
>Has anyone noticed that the Autostart folder does not get looked at when
>KDE starts up?  I have three items in this folder that start when I click
>on them, but do not start automatically when KDE starts up.

The Autostart folder on the desktop is the old one from kde 1, you can delete it.
In konqueror, use Go/Autostart to go to the autostart folder, its new location,
and copy [move] your stuff there.
Same with Templates.

FX suggested that I add a dialog box to kdesktop to explain that the first time
KDE is started, but I'm no good at writing down such things, and it would be a new
string to translate (quite mandatorily, since it's the first thing users will see....)
Opinions ?

http://www.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/