List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Boredom, MP3s, KDE: this
From:       Charles <charles () altair ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2000-10-04 20:32:51

On Wed, 04 Oct 2000, Jono Bacon wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Oct 2000, Bill Soudan wrote:
> > On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > > I did this over a few hours tonight.  you can't upload or download yet,
> > > but it's getting there :)
> > >
> > > Basically, it's a kioslave for the Diamond-Rio, to reorder the songs,
> > > you just rename the number at the start and everything is slid around.
> > >
> > > I was also thinking about a napster-ioslave ;)
> > >
> > > KDE- Music Pirating at its best.  does the RIAA monitor our mailing
> > > lists?
> > >
> > > http://www.derkarl.org/screenshots/kio_rio.png
> >
> > What a great idea!  I have a Creative Nomad II (wanna make a version for
> > that too? ;)) and I still can't figure out why instead of just
> > integrating it into the Windows Explorer in a similar fashion to what you
> > did, they include this god-awful program to upload files.  Takes a good
> > 20 seconds on my dual celeron 550 to load up my mp3 directory...
> > groan....
Yes, I remember the Rio client for windows.  The RIAA got mad at them, so
they disabled the "Download from Rio" button, even though it's still there.
And yes, it's slow, annoying, and it was freaking skinned, I want my media
players skinned (well, maybe :), I want my bones skinned, I don't want this
silly program skinned ;)

> Agreed. Good work god of C++. :-) Let's now see the napster slave. ;-)
That's Njård for ya.  Oh, and there will NOT be a napster slave because I
have better things to do with my time :)

The only reason I did this was because I was fed up with krio that didn't let
you re-order the files, and didn't do DnD with konq since it was KDE1.
"What's a good way to make it do DnD with konq," I asked myself.  One would
normally say KListView (well, I would even more so, everyone knows how much I
like DnD just because of that class :)  Well, the best way to support DnD
with konq is, of course, to use konq ;)  DUH! :)

-Kalle Samulß