I am using the ALSA sound drivers which work fine, including the OSS modules. The modules for my card, ens1371 and the OSS modules, are loaded using modprobe in a startup script. If the arts sound server is enabled, these modules seem to be unloaded. I am unable to access any snd devices once KDE comes up. If I modprobe the ALSA & OSS drivers again in a terminal, sound access returns. If the arts sound server isn't set, everything is fine. Somehow the arts satrtup is unloading the previous drivers. Any fixes and workarounds appreciated. Scott Jubenville >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<