Am Sat, 30 Sep 2000 schrieb Stefan Westerfeld: > Hi! > > On Sat, Sep 30, 2000 at 10:49:22AM +0200, Stefan Schimanski wrote: > > I tried this several times and can't reproduce it. Are u sure that ka= iman > > is shutdown correctly? It installs a volume effect in aRts output sta= ck, > > maybe it isn't removed for u. > > I can empirically confirm it, although I have no scientific proof. > Yesterday, it seemed to me as playing mp3s gets more and more silent. > Restarting artsd gets it back to the normal volume. However, maybe it's > just that if you hear the same problem over and over again, you start > believing it. I don't have time to really investigate this right now. > > What I did is this: > > Initialization: > * run kaiman (random, with large playlist) > * turn the volume not to the fullest (i.e. 40%) > * start artsd from within kaiman > * kill artsd a few times each time letting kaiman restart it > > Bug: > * let mp3s play wholly (i.e. don't use skip) for a while > * occasionally adjust volume Unfortunatelly I can't find anything here. I did this several times now a= nd=20 had absolutely no problem. Maybe you or Joseph can try to solve the probl= em. > Cu... Stefan Schimmi --=20 #! /bin/sh for DVDs in Linux screw the MPAA and ; do dig $DVDs.z.zoy.org ; done | \ perl -ne 's/\.//g; print pack("H224",$1) if(/^x([^z]*)/)' | gunzip >> Visit http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<