List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Q: kwrite syntax highlighting and PHP
From:       Jost Schenck <uzsnty () uni-bonn ! de>
Date:       2000-09-17 15:37:21

Hi,
there doesn't seem to exist a decent syntax highlighting editor for PHP
neither on Unix nor on Windows. The problem is, that this would mean for the
editor to:
- normally highlight HTML
- highlight PHP between scripting tags like <? ?> or <?php ?>
- (maybe) start highlighting HTML again when inside a PHP section quotes are
  used (so that echo lines are highlighted as HTML)
I ask, because my brother said, that all people in their company would like
to switch to linux if they only could use e.g. Quanta+ with a decent PHP
highlighting (which would make me very happy :). Has anybody worked on this?
Is something like this hard to do?
-Jost.