List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: gvim entry false!!!
From:       Moritz Moeller-Herrmann <mmh () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-09-07 14:42:31

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 02:03:38PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
>>gvim forks off into the background (very handy in an xterm...) Thus konqueror
>>thinks gvim is finished and reads in the (unchanged) temp file and deletes it.
>>gvim does not find the temp file it is supposed to edit and creates a new file.

>Temp file ? You're talking about editing a remote file, then, right ?
>It should still work fine for local files.
Yes. It (out of the box) works only for local files...

>>Possible fixes:
>>* Add the -f parameter to gvim, e.g. "gvim -f" in the .desktop file.
>>gvim then does not fork off into the background.

>Looks good to me. Will do that.
Great. BTW: kappfinder overwrites (without asking!) any local changes I have
made to my application.desktop  files. Is this the intendended behaviour?

>>Code kimp immediately, so that I don't have to use this ugly gtk gui for vim
>>and can use kimp as a kpart....
>kimp as in 'the KDE version of gimp' ?? You mean rather kvim, no ?
Yes, somehow gimp and gvim are the only gtk programs without a functional
equivalent in the KDE world. I mixed them up...

kimp woulkd be great, too, only editing would be difficult...

>>I offer 10 EUR to the author or 50 EUR to Uganda(vim==charity ware) , your
>>choice, for a usable kimp editor as kpart.
meaning kvim editor as kpart

>Be careful with your offer, AFAIK somebody started a kvim already ;-)
I know. I want to speed up the process and I hope the authors will choose
charity...

bye, Moritz