List:       kde-devel
Subject:    -laudiofile (Solaris configuration problem)
From:       James Tappin <sjt () star ! sr ! bham ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-08-31 11:31:08

This has been happening with the cvsup downloads of today & yesterday,
I don't recall having the problem with 1.93.

After building & installing kdesupport, I try to configure kdelibs, but
it is complaining of not finding libaudiofile.

I checked and:
1) libaudiofile has been built and installed from kdesupport
2) it has sensible permissions (0755)
3) it does contain the symbol that the configure program looks for
(afOpenFile), and the symbol is global.
4) The compilation line in configure looks sensible (i.e. it includes
-L$KDEDIR/lib -laudiofile [with the actual value of KDEDIR]).
5) It is failing on an unresolved afOpenFile, not some other consequent
symbol.

The relevant chunk of config.log is:
configure:9581: rm -rf SunWS_cache; g++ -o conftest -fpermissive -frtti  \
-I/solar1/sjt/kde/include -I/datane/sjt/qt/include -I/usr/openwin/include  \
-I/soft/free/include -L/usr/openwin/lib -L/datane/sjt/qt/lib -L/solar1/sjt/kde/lib  \
-L/soft/free/lib  conftest.C -laudiofile   1>&5 Undefined                        \
first referenced  symbol                              in file
afOpenFile(void)                    /var/tmp/ccV1Ra0B.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 9570 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char afOpenFile();

int main() {
afOpenFile()
; return 0; }

System:
	Solaris 2.7, Sparc Ultra 60, gcc 2.95, solaris linker.

Any clues?
	James