List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Images
From:       Rolf Magnus <ramagnus () zvw ! de>
Date:       2000-08-17 17:46:18

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Irwin Kwan wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Anatoli Gorchetchnikov wrote:
> > For some time now I can't neither set the background pattern,
> > nor preview images in konq, nor open them in kview. It all
> > started after I installed both Qt-2.2.0-b1 and X-4.0.1 on my box
> > and rebuilt KDE. Today I built pixie, it does not load images
> > either. I don't think the problem is in X, because gimp works
> > fine.
>
> Did you compile JPEG support into QT?
>
> I did, actually, and JPEGS don't display on my system either.  I use
> the same QT and XFree86 as you (2.2.0 and 4.0.1).
>
> I don't recall if I uncommented the JPEG IO line in qfeatures.h,
> though.  Can anyone else help with this?

I have the same problem. Compiled Jpeg support into QT and recompiled KDE.
Now, jpeg images work, but only when embedded into html files, but not when
directly opened in Konqueror or selected as background.
That leads me to another question: What configure options should be specified
when compiling qt-copy?