List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmail problem
From:       Michael Demers <drahkan () nitemaster ! yi ! org>
Date:       2000-08-15 19:12:38

Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:

> i'm trying to send mails with my user account
> and kmail always trys to connect to 192.168.0.1
> but i'Ve entered mail.btx.dtag.de

Judging by the ip address it is trying to connect to, it appears as if you are
using ip-masquerading and it is having trouble getting through the gateway
machine or that you have specified the gateway machine as your mail server.

Check to make sure the correct incoming mail server is enterd. Check your
firewall/masq rules and the permissions on the files relating to your ruleset.

Michael Demers