List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kmidi Krash
From:       Greg Lee <lee () hawaii ! edu>
Date:       2000-08-15 16:00:24

On -1 xxx -1, Hans Petter Bieker wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Greg Lee wrote:
>
> > > Run it with --nocrashhandler, to get a core dump.
> > I get:
> > kmidi: invalid option -- -
> > kmidi: invalid option -- n
>
> It looks like it parses the arguments itself. Bad app! :-)

Yes, it does.  Well, it's not very easy to avoid, since the
meaning of the options concerns the player-process part of
kmidi rather than the ui-process part and since timidity can
work independently of kde.  I've fixed this now, though no one
has applied my patches.  Am I supposed to do it?

By the way, kde's parsing of the commandline is not quite right.
After an option introduced by single "-", there has to be a
space between the option letter and its argument, but there shouldn't
have to be.  So, for example, to have kmidi use the arts C
driver, I say "kmidi -O A", but for timidity (using getopt),
I can say either "timidity -O A" or "timidity -OA".

Greg Lee <lee@Hawaii.edu>