List:       kde-devel
Subject:    IP address to QString
From:       Henry Stanaland <henryst () MIT ! EDU>
Date:       2000-08-15 4:24:07

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for help.  But I am writing
my first Linux program(first real program for that matter).  It is a
Gnutella client called Ktullu(originally Ktella).  It's coming along
well, can even recive/send Hello's & Welcome's with any other client.

Anyways, I have a few questions(in order of importance):
Please reply to my address as I'm not on the list.

I am wondering if there is some function in KDE/Qt function
that can convert IP addresses to strings?  I get a 32-bit IP
(or something) when reading the IP from KSocket, and want to
display it...but I don't want to add <netinet/in.h> and <arpa/inet.h>
just to do a simple conversion.  Shouldn't KSocket have a
"getIPString" function....or string should have a "setNumIP."
Or does anybody have some code they could paste here.

If not, what library do I have to add to my project so I don't get
link errors with inet_*toa functions?

How do I set a minimum size for my application?  I tried this:

myKTMainWindow->setMinimumSize(500,400);
and even this:
topLevelWidget()->setMinimumSize(500, 400);

Neither have any effect.  Could it be because I am not running
KDE2?

Any way to make the KDirDialog work when running KDE 1.x?
It currently complains about not being able to talk to
klauncher.

My other question is how do you get the height of a KtabCtl tab?
So far, I am using a font.height() * 2...which seems accurate, but
not very pretty.  I think KtabCtl->height()  gives me the size of
the whole Notebook.  And I tried getting height() of parents,
childrens, and everything.

If anybody wants to help with Ktullu, please let me know!  Screen
shots at henryst.mit.edu...will soon have a real site.

Thanks!
Regards,
Henry Stanaland