List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KOrganizer bug fixes involving message changes
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-08-08 5:04:53

On Mon, 07 Aug 2000 22:03:47 +0200, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:

>In order to fix some bugs, I would like to add/change some KOrganizer
>messages. If there are no objections I will commit these tomorrow.

No objections from my side.

>By the way, does somebody review the messages? I'm not a native english
>speaker and I'm almost sure that there are some deficiencies in the
>messages, but I never got a single comment about that.

We once had a volunteer for proofreading the messages (Hauke
Hildebrandt, see CC) but he hasn't actually started yet. I don't know
if he's still interested in the job. If he's not we'd need somebody to
it, preferably a native speaker.

At the moment, translators are either fixing the problems themselves
(if they dare messing around with code) or they post the errors to
their mailing list, hoping that somebody else will fix them. Better
than nothing, of course, but not as effective as having somebody who's
really in charge.

Regards,

Thomas

---