List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KProprietary
From:       Klaus Sonnenleiter <klaus () m-machine ! com>
Date:       2000-08-06 17:02:44

Jono,

There are many ways to determine "expensive". One frequently used measure is build
vs. buy: Take your average bill rate, multiply it buy the days it takes you to build
the parts you need out of the product you intend to buy. Then you know if it's
expensive or not. Another measure is to look at what comparable products cost. This
works well with commodity items like Microsoft Word, but it doesn't work as well for
a product like Qt.

Personally, I look at how much time a product is able to save me in my continuous
work and that pretty much determines whether or not it's worth buying.

Klaus Sonnenleiter
The Media Machine, LLC