List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KProprietary
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-08-06 1:42:51

Quoting Waldo Bastian <bastian@kde.org>:
> Free developers might want to use other licenses as the ones we thought
> of. And it might be usefull to show the license, even with free
> software, the
> first time you start a program for reasons of liability. For free
> software
> developers, the  "NO WARRANTY" part can be quite important when the shit
> hits
> the fan.

Agreed. We need to be as open ended as possible, and if writing custom licences
is easy enough then that is not a problem.

Also, am I correct in thinking that if I wanted to make a commercial, closed
source product, that I need to pay Troll Tech?

Cheers,

         Jono

Jono Bacon - [vmlinuz] -- jono@kde.org
Qt/KDE Developer - Founder of Linux UK