List:       kde-devel
Subject:    use of DCOP for app-internal plugins
From:       Christoph =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sch=F6nfeld?=
Date:       2000-08-05 18:38:51

I am currently developing a web development application (sort of IDE),
extensible with three types of plug-ins: editors, viewers and tool components.
invocation of editors and viewers will be mimetype-based, tools should be able
to insert their own menu and popup entries at runtime.

Does it make sense to use DCOP for this or should I just use normal shared
libraries?

Sorry for my ignorance. I'm new to all this and I still don't see the big
picture how all this new stuff can be used.

thanks,
Christoph

--
Christoph Schoenfeld