List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Beta3 Slow!?!?
From:       jordan <jgrignon () home ! com>
Date:       2000-08-03 17:56:10

dep wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Aug 2000, Rik Hemsley wrote:
>
> | Much. I just did an optimised build using -O6 -mpentiumpro
> | -DNO_DEBUG -DNDEBUG and things fly :)
>
> i did this earlier, and yes, things were faster, but some apps --
> kmail in particular -- ceased to function at anything higher than
> -O2. egcs-1.1.2.

I got it all to run, not too bad using my standard optimizations, well except the
mcopi stuff but I was expecting that, as it never compiled before for me  usiong
these optimizations. I have them exported in my bashrc file.
(export "CXXFLAGS=-O3 -mpentiumpro -fexpensive-optimizations -malign-jumps=2
-malign-functions=2 -malign-loops=2")
-Jordan