List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kscd compilation disabled? (Re: KDE with FreeBSD (status, comments, ramblings))
From:       Dirk Foersterling <milliByte () gmx ! net>
Date:       2000-08-01 7:51:02

On Monday 2000-07-31 Navindra Umanee (navindra@cs.mcgill.ca) wrote:
> Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net> wrote:
> > * 10 bucks says that kscd is broken for either CAM or ATAPI devices (or if
> > I'm extra lucky, both)

Ooops. I didn't get that message. What's your problem with kscd and ATAPI
drives? I've solved lots of problems like that with the workman code...

> So why did you disable compilation of kscd?  It works fine here
> (ATAPI).  Other than the buttons looking a bit ugly with the default
> hicolour style and kscdmagic not having been ported to arts,

I tried to. But at that time (early june) there were no means for
getting a working audio input stream. I'll look at this until the end of
the week again.

  -dirk

PS: I also don't see why to disable the compilation of a program after
finding a bug (or other issue). If I would do so, I would have disabled
compilation of many more kde2 programs by now...

--
                   D i r k   F "o r s t e r l i n g
  milliByte@gmx.net  ********  http://www.DeathsDoor.com/milliByte/