List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: current styles
From:       Simon Josefsson <simon () josefsson ! org>
Date:       2000-07-31 10:15:12

(Reply from kde-core-devel since it seem to be read-only.)

Matthias Ettrich <ettrich@trolltech.com> writes:

> > Second, style "Laptop" has got a heavy and clumsy corner that doesn't
> > make much sense. Moreover, if one maximizes such a window, a small gap
> > will remain what is wasted space in my opinion.
>
> then don't use it. Its intended for laptops with a bad mouse.

This doesn't make sense.  For me, with the KDE2 style, 6 pixels are
available to "grab" the window, with the laptop style only 4 pixels on
the corner block is available.

I'd much rather see the KDE2-style buttom-line (where it's possibly to
do vertical-only resize on the whole buttom line of the window)
decoration in the Laptop style too.  In effect, making the laptop
style a kde2-style with smaller decorations.

IMHO the reason I use the laptop style is not that I have a bad mouse
(in that case the default scheme would have been better!), but I want
to reduce the size of decorations since my screen estate is limited.