List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: More on Session hangs ...
From:       Ralf Nolden <nolden () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-07-22 23:41:14

The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Do the following mean anything concerning the 'session hangs' I'm
> experiencing?
>
> _IceTransmkdir: Owner of /tmp/.ICE-unix should be set to root
> konsole_grantpty: cannot determine the name of device.
> konsole: chownpty failed for device /dev/ptyp8::/dev/ttyp8.
>        : This means the session can be eavesdroped.
>        : Make sure konsole_grantpty is installed in
>        : /usr/local/bin/ and setuid root.
What OS are you running ? I have the same error when debugging with
KDevelop under UnixWare7 and I´m helpless here, too although
konsole_grantpty is seuid root and installed ;-(

Ralf
--
God is not dead. He is alive and working on a much less ambitious
project. Graffiti

Ralf Nolden

The KDevelop Project
http://www.kdevelop.org