List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Can't get my app into the K menu
From:       Jonathan Singer <jsinger () genome ! wi ! mit ! edu>
Date:       2000-06-30 20:56:13

I'm using the .desktop file listed below, which was generated by KDevelop.
It gets installed properly, into .../share/applnk/Utilities, but doesn't
appear in the K menu (using Kleopatra). I've compared it to other files in
that directory and didn't see anything obviously wrong with it.

Another project, also with a KDevelop-generated .desktop has a similar
problem. In that case, when I accidentally installed in Applications,
instead of Utilities, it did work. It didn't work in Utilities and this one
doesn't work in either directory.

Any suggestions?

# KDE Config File
[KDE Desktop Entry]