List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror and query strings
From:       Jason Stephenson <panda () mis ! net>
Date:       2000-06-30 1:03:17

The Konqueror that I compiled from CVS last night isn't handling query
strings in URLs properly. If you submit a form multiple times, it seems to
append the query strings to the URL listed in the location bar, so you end up
with multiple name value pairs. This confuses most search engines into
searching for the wrong item. As an example of what I'm talking about, take a
look at http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/whois with Konqueror, and do
multiple domain name lookups.

I don't know if it's Konqueror or KHTML that has the problem. I'll try to
dive into the code tonight to see if I can find it. If someone finds it
before me, let me know, so I won't waste too much of my time. :-)