List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Can't find -lX11
From:       Uwe Thiem <uwe () uwix ! alt ! na>
Date:       2000-06-29 21:36:44

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Robert Napier wrote:
> > >
> > > Since updating to the latest CVS last night, I've started to have
> > > trouble compiling. I get "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lX11". If I hack
> > > the makefile and add -L/usr/X11R6/lib in the appropriate places, it
> > > works. I've been compiling KDE for months now on this machine. Could
> > > this be due to a change in the configure scripts?
> > >
> > Yes. Remove config.cache and run ./config.status --recheck
>
> Cool.  I did not know about this.  It sure beats having to do a cvs-clean and
> start from scratch.

Wow, just into that myself. ./config.status --recheck came to the
rescue! Thanks coolo!

Uwe

Uwe Thiem                                        Tel:  +264 - 61 - 249249
P.O.Box 30955                                    Email:   uwe@uwix.alt.na
Windhoek                                                      uwe@kde.org
Republic of Namibia                                    http://www.kde.org