List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: 'make -f Makefile.cvs' in kdelibs
From:       Frerich Raabe <frerichraabe () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-06-29 19:28:00

Michael Matz wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> > /usr/bin/m4: ./aclocal.m4: 400: Warning: Excess arguments to built-in `define' ignored
> What does the line 400 of aclocal.m4 look like for you? (may be a little
> bit context would also help)
aclocal.m4:397: dnl AC_SUBST(kde_toolbardir)
aclocal.m4:398: ])
aclocal.m4:400: AC_DEFUN(KDE_MISC_TESTS,
aclocal.m4:401: [
aclocal.m4:402: AC_LANG_C
aclocal.m4:403: dnl Checks for libraries
I'm not convinced yet that those lines cause that error because all the
other modules compile fine plus that right now I can't think of anybody
else who came to this problem.

> > ./aclocal.m4:2122: AC_ARG_PROGRAM was called before AC_CANONICAL_SYSTEM
[..]
> > ./aclocal.m4:4416: AC_LIBTOOL_SETUP was called before AC_DISABLE_STATIC
> I think these are caused by the above error.
I think so too but I mentioned them anyway because I wasn't sure whether
they're of any help to you.

> > /usr/bin/m4: configure.in: 864: Non-numeric argument to built-in `divert'
> My configure.in is not that long, which would be strange, as it should be
> the same for everyone. When you say CVS snapshots, do you mean normal
> checkouts or real snapshots in a tar file? And what does look line 864 of
> it look like?

I'm using CVS (_not_ CVSup or some tarballs) and, for your interest, that
particular part of the configure.in looks like this:

configure.in:863: dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.
configure.in:864: AC_INIT(acinclude.m4) dnl a source file from your sub dir
configure.in:865:
configure.in:866: dnl This is so we can use kde-common
configure.in:867: AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(admin)
configure.in:868:
configure.in:869: KDE_SET_PREFIX

By the way: kdelibs/configure.in is exactly 1556 lines for me. :-)

- Frerich

--
Schonmal Danke für die Aufmerksamkeit
 Frerich Raabe <frerichraabe@gmx.de>