List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: we need "tab" for navigating through widget elements, not for switching views in konqueror
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2000-06-29 16:02:50

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Marcos Dione wrote:

> 	mmm... true, but unluckly, not all desktop keyboards (let alone
> notebooks) have that keys. I think you can't rely upon so rare condition,
> specially if you aim to every unix in the market and blah blah blah... and
> remember a sun keyboard, where you have help, cut, copy, paste, etc.

Yes, but these are on the way out. As far as I can tell, all PC keyboards
currently being sold have them (including notebooks), except for some rare
cases likes that "hacker keyboard", or some ergonomic keyboards (and these
are upgrading).

> 	I would say: choose something standard, but let me choose if I
> want too... which is the way you think, anyway.

I totally agree. Please let me have my dear Meta mod :-).

--
						Guillaume
						http://www.telegraph-road.org